Geroge's Lakeside Haven- LCO Lake, Hayward, WI
George's Lakeside Haven is a special legacy property on the 5,000 acre Lake Lac Courte Oreilles just south of Hayward. It is a 5 br, 5 bath, one level home with classic finishes, beautifully maintained & dog friendly with prior approval up to 2 dogs.
This classic, one level, ranch home is located on a large private lot on one of Hayward's most coveted lakes. Lake Lac Courte Oreilles is a 5000 acre, clear water lake just south of Hayward. It is a one of a kind property with beautiful, tall pines on a very large, level lot with monster views of the lake. Add a new dock in 2014, hard sand bottom, gradual water elevation drop and a private boat launch makes for a perfect water setting. There is a fire pit at lakeside with free fire wood. The home has 5 bedrooms, 4 on one side of the home. It has 3 private, on-suite baths and 2 shared baths. There are 2 family rooms, one with a large stone fireplace, the other with bay windows to lake. There is a really cool large screen porch to enjoy the fresh lake air with high ceilings, a covered stone patio and a large dining room that can seat 10-12. You will enjoy the home as it has been owned by one family for a long time. They wish to make it a great rental so have upgraded many items in the home while restoring and keeping the older character finishes within the home. There is a nice mix of carpet and hardwood floors, a piano, a large stone fireplace, tiled baths and some classic furniture and art work. The home has many charming finishes but has the modern amenities you would expect. The kitchen has a center island prep area, double ovens, dishwasher, microwave and is fully stocked with small appliances. The dining room is a large room for all to enjoy, with lake views and a full wall built in china cabinet with generous tableware.
The lake is one of Hayward's finest known for its great water clarity and fishing. Lac Courte Oreilles is 5000 acres in size and is very close to Hayward. It is a full recreational lake and you can boat to lake restaurants.
* Full size washer/dryer on main level, bed linens, professionally cleaned, pet (2 dogs) considered ($40 fee applies for pets), 3 window A/C units
1. Master Bedroom with lake view and king bed Jack and Jill Bathroom
2. Master Bedroom 2 with lake view and king bed Jack and Jill Bathroom to bedroom above
3. Queen Bedroom with private bath
4. Twin Bedroom with 2 twins, private full bath
5. Queen Bedroom with nearby hall full bath
6. In addition, there are 2, half baths in the main hallway.
* Full kitchen with island, fully stocked with dishware and small appliances, double wall ovens (one is convection), microwave, dishwasher, ice maker, large adjacent dining room with window serving area to kitchen, lake windows and wall china cabinet
* 2 large family rooms, one with large lake windows, desk and piano, the other has wall flat screen TV and large stone wood fireplace, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, ping pong table, many outdoor games
* Large screen porch with windows, fire pit overlooking water, Weber gas grill, covered stone patio with patio furniture and picnic tables, fantastic swimming area, huge flat lakeside yard, many yard games, private boat launch on property
* Large private dock with private boat launch, no power at dock, boat to Anglers Haven restaurant that has large dock for mooring your boat, paddleboat and canoe provided- Pontoon rental available for extra fee. Can be at the dock when you arrive. Ask us about it.
* Great water quality, gradual water elevation drop, hard sand bottom, long east facing lake views with large Pines
* No local telephone but cell service is good depending on your carrier, free WI-FI, satellite TV
* Large flat private yard for games, lots of outdoor furniture and window
From Mid June through July and August we only accept bookings for full weeks (7 Nights) from Friday to Friday.
September and May & the first two weeks in June require a 3-night minimum stay
This home is not available to rent in the winter.
Dog Friendly - Tell us about your dog. We allow up to two well-behaved dogs with pre-approval and an additional fee. We just ask that you pick up in the yard after your dog. What family vacation would be complete without your four-legged friends. Sorry, no cats, please.
A Note About Dogs:
We LOVE dogs and we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with the whole family, including the furry members :-) Up to two dogs are allowed at this cabin with prior approval- an additional fee applies. That being said, please be mindful of whether our home is appropriate for your dog(s).
We may not be the vacation rental for you if your dog(s):
*Consider barking to be a favorite pastime;
*Chew things other than bones;
*Like to visit the neighbors unsupervised (we do not have a fenced-in yard), and/or;
*Use the house as a bathroom.
We ask that your dogs be supervised when at the cabin and crated when you are not (One large crate is available at the cabin). Also, it should not need to be said (but unfortunately needs to be, as we have had guests leave enough surprises for us), but PLEASE pick up after your dogs!! It is NOT the responsibility of our cleaners.
This cabin is professionally managed by Manage Cabins LLC of Hayward, WI